Are you tired of the same old breakfast routine? Looking for a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pancakes? Look no further! In this comprehensive guide, we will take you step-by-step through the process of creating the best raw vegan pancakes you’ve ever tasted.
Get ready to indulge in fluffy, moist, and flavorful pancakes without any guilt. Whether you’re a seasoned raw food enthusiast or just looking to incorporate more plant-based options into your diet, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. So, let’s dive in and discover the secrets to making the perfect raw vegan pancakes!
Why Choose Raw Pancakes?
Raw pancakes are not only a delicious breakfast option but also a nutritious one. By using raw, plant-based ingredients, you can enjoy all the benefits of a traditional pancake without the added refined flours, sugars, and unhealthy fats.
Raw vegan pancakes are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, which can help boost your energy levels, support digestion, and promote overall well-being. Plus, they are incredibly versatile, allowing you to experiment with different flavors and toppings to suit your taste preferences. So, let’s get started and learn how to make these mouthwatering pancakes!
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup rolled oats (to make the oat flour)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
For the toppings (optional):
- Fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Sliced bananas
- Chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, or pecans)
- Maple syrup or agave nectar
Raw Vegan Pancakes Recipe
Step 1: Prepare the pancake batter
In a food processor or blender, combine the rolled oats, ripe banana, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut oil and a pinch of salt.
Blend the ingredients until you have a smooth and creamy batter. The consistency should be thick enough to form pancakes but still pourable. If the batter is too thick, you can add a little more almond milk to achieve the desired consistency.
Step 2: Shape the pancakes
Scoop the pancake batter onto a non-stick surface or a dehydrator sheet if you have a dehydrator. You can shape the pancakes to your desired size and thickness, keeping in mind that they won’t rise like traditional cooked pancakes.
You can make small silver-dollar-sized pancakes or larger ones.
Step 3: Dehydrate (or chill) the pancakes:
If you have a dehydrator, place the pancakes on the dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 115°F (46°C) for about 4-6 hours or until they are slightly firm on the outside but still soft on the inside.
If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can place the pancakes in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight to allow them to set.
Step 4: Serve
Once the pancakes are ready, remove them from the dehydrator or refrigerator.
Top the raw vegan pancakes with your favorite toppings, such as fresh berries, sliced bananas, chopped nuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup or agave nectar.
Serve immediately and enjoy the delicious and nutritious raw vegan pancakes!
A Delectable Blackberry Syrup Recipe (Optional)
To complement your raw vegan pancakes, we’re sharing a simple and mouthwatering blackberry syrup recipe. This syrup adds a burst of fruity sweetness to your pancakes, enhancing their flavor and presentation. Here’s how you can make it:
- 1 cup (125 g) blackberries
- 1 cup (120 ml) water
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder
- In a blender, combine the blackberries and water. Blend at medium-low speed until the berries are broken up but not fully pureed.
- Pour the blended mixture into a nut-milk bag or a super fine sieve. Squeeze all the juice into a bowl, ensuring no pulp remains.
- Clean the blender and add the juice back into it. Add the pitted Medjool dates and vanilla powder.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and well combined, creating a luscious syrup.
- Pour the blackberry syrup on top of your pancakes, allowing it to cascade down the sides.
- If desired, you can adjust the thickness of the syrup by adding more dates for a thicker consistency or adding hot water to thin it out.
- Garnish with fresh berries and other toppings of your choice for an extra touch of elegance.
Additional Tips and Variations
- If you prefer a warm syrup, you can heat it gently by placing the blended mixture in a dehydrator or using a low heat setting on your stove. Be cautious not to overheat and destroy the raw integrity of the syrup.
- Feel free to experiment with different fruits for the syrup. Raspberries, mangoes, or any other high-water content fruits can be used as delicious alternatives.
- For an extra burst of flavor, consider adding a pinch of cinnamon or a sprinkle of grated coconut to your pancake batter.
- Remember to adjust the sweetness of the pancakes and syrup according to your taste preferences. You can add more dates or a natural sweetener like maple syrup if desired.
- Get creative with your toppings! Fresh fruit, coconut flakes, crushed nuts, or a dollop of coconut cream can add visual appeal and texture to your pancakes.