Looking for a tasty, healthy, and easy-to-make meal option that can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere? Welcome to my mouth-watering buffalo chickpea wrap recipe!
Packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and flavor, this vegan buffalo chickpea wrap is perfect for lunch, dinner, or even a quick snack.
Chickpeas are a great source of plant-based protein and fiber, which help keep you full and satisfied. The veggies and avocado add vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
Let’s not waste any more time talking about these delicious buffalo chickpea wraps and get to the cooking!
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 2 Tbsp of vegan buffalo sauce (or traditional buffalo sauce if you’re not bothered about it being vegan)
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 large tortillas or wraps
- 1/2 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of sliced avocado
- 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of shredded vegan cheese (optional)
Buffalo chickpea wrap recipe
In a bowl, mix the canned chickpeas with the buffalo sauce, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well coated.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the buffalo chickpeas. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crispy and slightly browned.
Assemble the wrap: Place the tortilla or wrap on a flat surface and add the shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, red bell pepper, sliced avocado, and shredded vegan cheese (if using). Sprinkle with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
Add the buffalo chickpeas on top of the veggies and fold the sides of the tortilla or wrap towards the center, then roll tightly.
Serve with a little extra buffalo sauce or vegan ranch on the side.
Can I use a different type of hot sauce instead of buffalo sauce?
Yes, you can use any hot sauce you like or adjust the amount of buffalo sauce to your preferred level of spiciness.
Can I use a different type of tortilla?
Yes, you can use any type of tortilla you prefer for your buffalo chickpea wrap, such as whole wheat, spinach, or gluten-free.
Can I add more veggies to the wrap?
Yes, feel free to add any additional veggies you like to your buffalo chickpea wrap, such as cucumbers, or shredded carrots.
Can I use a different type of bean instead of chickpeas?
You’ll have to call it something else than a buffalo chickpea wrap ;), but yes, you can use other types of beans, such as black beans, kidney beans, or white beans.
I much prefer making my own dips and sauces to go with my buffalo chickpea wrap. Here are two of my favorites.
How to make your own vegan buffalo sauce
To make your own vegan buffalo sauce, you will need the following ingredients: 1/2 cup of hot sauce, 1/4 cup of vegan butter, 1 tbsp of white vinegar, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, 1/4 tsp of paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to follow:
- Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the hot sauce, white vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to the saucepan and stir until well combined.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the sauce cool for a few minutes before using.
How to make your own vegan ranch dressing
To make vegan ranch dressing you will need the following ingredients: 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of unsweetened plain vegan yogurt, 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice, 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp of chopped fresh chives, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to follow
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the vegan mayonnaise, vegan yogurt, and fresh lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
- Add the chopped parsley, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the mixing bowl. Stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Transfer the dressing to a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid and store it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.