If you’re looking for a delicious and fluffy pancake recipe without the use of butter, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll explore how to make pancakes from scratch without butter, while still maintaining that same great taste and texture.
Whether you’re out of butter or looking for a healthier alternative, these no butter pancakes will not disappoint.
Why Make Pancakes Without Butter?
Before we jump into the recipe, you might be wondering why someone would want to make pancakes without butter in the first place. There are a few reasons why you might choose to go butterless:
- Healthier Option: By eliminating butter from your pancakes, you can reduce the saturated fat content and make a healthier breakfast choice.
- Dietary Restrictions: Some people may have dietary restrictions that require them to avoid dairy products like butter. Making pancakes without butter allows them to enjoy this classic breakfast treat.
- Running Out of Butter: Let’s face it, we’ve all been in a situation where we’re ready to make pancakes and realize we’re out of butter. This recipe is perfect for those moments when you need a quick and easy alternative.
Now that we understand the benefits of making no butter pancakes, let’s dive into the recipe.
Ingredients for Pancake No Butter Recipe
To make these delicious pancakes without butter, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Pancakes Without Butter
Follow these step-by-step instructions to create fluffy and delicious pancakes without butter:
- Prepare Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, sift in your flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt together. This will ensure that your dry ingredients are well combined and free of any lumps.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a separate bowl, add in the milk, vanilla extract, egg, and vegetable oil. Whisk until well combined and smooth. This will create the liquid base for your pancake batter.
- Combine Wet and Dry Mixtures: Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter is evenly combined. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in dense pancakes.
- Heat the Pan: Set a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with nonstick cooking spray. This will prevent the pancakes from sticking to the pan.
- Cook the Pancakes: Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour 1/3 cup scoops of pancake batter onto the hot pan. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until you start to see bubbles form on the surface and the bottom is golden brown. Flip the pancake using a spatula and cook the opposite side for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve and Enjoy: Remove the pancakes from the pan and serve them immediately with your favorite pancake toppings. Maple syrup, powdered sugar, butter, whipped cream, and fresh berries are all great options to enhance the flavor of your no butter pancakes.
Tips and Variations for No Butter Pancakes
- Dairy-Free/Vegan Option: If you prefer a dairy-free or vegan version of these pancakes, simply substitute the regular milk with almond milk. Additionally, you can replace the egg with 1/4 cup of applesauce to bind the ingredients together.
- Customize Your Toppings: Feel free to get creative with your pancake toppings. Whether you prefer classic maple syrup or want to experiment with fresh fruits, nuts, or chocolate chips, the choice is yours. Make your pancakes truly unique and suited to your taste preferences.
- Freezing Pancakes: If you have leftover pancakes or want to meal prep for future breakfasts, you can freeze these no butter pancakes. Simply place them in a freezer bag and store them in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy them, microwave them as you would with any store-bought frozen pancakes.