Hey there, gelato enthusiasts! If you’re like me and have a weakness for creamy frozen desserts, coupled with the irresistible allure of peanut butter, get ready to embark on a mouthwatering journey.
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing my personal recipe for a homemade peanut butter gelato that will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more.
So, grab your apron, gather the ingredients, and let’s dive into the world of velvety goodness!
To create this tantalizing peanut butter gelato, you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Peanut butter gelato recipe
Step 1 – Preparing the Base
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, lightly beaten eggs, and milk.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Once the mixture starts to steam and small bubbles form around the edges, remove it from the heat.
Step 2 – Creating the Peanut Butter Infusion
- In a separate bowl, whisk the creamy peanut butter into the hot milk mixture until it is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract to the mixture, and whisk again to combine all the flavors.
Step 3 – Thickening the Custard
- Return the saucepan to low heat and cook the custard, stirring constantly, until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Avoid boiling the mixture to prevent curdling.
- Once the custard reaches the desired consistency, remove it from the heat and let it cool slightly.
Step 4 – Chilling and Churning the Gelato
- Transfer the peanut butter custard into a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap, ensuring direct contact with the surface to prevent a skin from forming.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow the custard to chill for at least 4 hours or overnight for the best results.
- Once chilled, pour the custard into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
Step 5 – Freezing and Serving
- Transfer the churned gelato into an airtight container, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Place the container in the freezer for at least 4 hours, or until the gelato reaches a firm consistency.
- Scoop out the delectable peanut butter gelato into bowls or cones, and indulge yourself in this creamy treat. For an extra touch of deliciousness, consider adding your favorite toppings, such as crushed peanuts or a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- For an intensified peanut flavor, opt for natural peanut butter or incorporate a small amount of peanut butter extract into the custard.
- If you prefer a sweeter gelato, feel free to increase the sugar by 1-2 tablespoons.
Can I use a different type of nut butter instead of peanut butter?
Yes, you can. Get creative and experiment with alternative nut butters like almond or cashew butter to craft unique and enticing flavors.
Can I make this gelato without an ice cream maker?
While an ice cream maker provides optimal results, you can still achieve a delightful gelato by pouring the chilled custard into a shallow dish and placing it in the freezer. Remember to stir the mixture every 30 minutes until it reaches the desired consistency.