Salmon with cauliflower puree is a delightful and healthy dish that combines the richness of salmon with the creamy texture of cauliflower. This recipe is not only easy to prepare but also packed with essential nutrients. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of creating this mouthwatering meal.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner in the kitchen, you’ll find this recipe both satisfying and nourishing.
To create the perfect salmon with cauliflower puree, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Fresh salmon fillets (2 pieces)
- Almonds or walnut halves (crushed)
- Seaweed flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- Honey (2 teaspoons)
- Cauliflower (1 head)
- Vegetable or chicken broth (enough to cover cauliflower)
- Fresh thyme (a few sprigs)
- Butter (1 tablespoon)
Now, let’s dive into the process of preparing this delectable dish:
Preparing the Salmon
- Preheat your oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas Mark 4.
- Using a mortar and pestle, coarsely crush the almonds (or walnut halves).
- If desired, add seaweed flakes to the crushed nuts, and season with salt and pepper.
- Take 2 large sheets of foil and place them on your work counter.
- Put a salmon fillet in the center of each piece of foil.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon over the fish.
- Smear a teaspoon of honey over the top of each piece of salmon.
- Press the crushed nuts onto the fish to form a crust.
- Wrap the foil around the sides of the fish, leaving the top open for the crust to toast.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
Making the Cauliflower Puree
- Prepare the cauliflower by discarding the tough outer leaves and cutting the smaller leaves into pieces.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and roughly chop the stalk.
- In a large pan, bring the vegetable or chicken broth to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and thyme to the pan and cook over low heat for 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower and thyme to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return the pureed cauliflower to the pan and stir in the butter.
- Cook over low heat until heated through.
- Season the cauliflower puree with salt and pepper to taste.
Serving and Presentation
- Divide the cauliflower puree between plates.
- Carefully remove the salmon from the foil parcels and place it on top of the cauliflower puree.
- For an extra touch, sprinkle a dash of freshly ground pepper on the salmon.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- To enhance the flavors, you can add minced garlic or chopped herbs such as dill or parsley to the cauliflower puree.
- For a different twist, you can substitute almonds with walnut halves to create a walnut-crusted salmon.
Now that you have all the necessary steps and tips, it’s time to put your culinary skills to the test and create a delicious salmon with cauliflower puree. This recipe is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a nutritious meal that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. Enjoy the process of cooking and savor the flavors of this delightful dish!