Make the most delicious homemade cashew butter with this easy 2 ingredient recipe. It’s rich and super creamy, and super quick!
There is nothing more satisfying and healthy than when you make homemade cashew butter.
Cashew butter is as delicious as peanut butter or any other nut butter. It’s creamy and nutritious and so good! It has the perfect texture and it’s so smooth you’ll want to have it every day.
All you need is 2 ingredients, an oven, and a food processor to make the easiest creamy homemade cashew butter recipe. You won’t believe how simple it is!
What I love about making my homemade nut butter is that you can create your own blend that you won’t find in stores.
Ingredients to make Cashew butter
For making homemade cashew butter, all you will need are two ingredients:
- 4 cups of raw cashews: When I make cashew butter, I like to buy natural raw cashews that are unroasted and unsalted. You can find them easily in your local supermarkets, however, you will get a good deal if you buy them in bulk on the internet! Cashews are very good for your health. They are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals, but also of good lipids and vegetable proteins.
- Sea Salt (optional): I like to add a pinch of sea salt to my cashew butter to spice it up a bit. A pinch is enough, but it is of course optional.
Cashew Butter Recipe
It doesn’t get much easier than making your own nut butter!
Spread the raw cashews on a baking tray and put them in the oven at 350° F (180° C) degrees for about 10 minutes. This step is crucial. The heat from the oven will release the natural cashew oils. Thanks to this, you will obtain a creamy cashew butter.
Pour the roasted cashews and the pinch of salt into your food processor. Blend until it turns into a smooth nut butter consistency.
This process can take between 5 and 20 minutes, depending on the power of your food processor, so be patient and don’t give up!
Make sure to take small breaks to prevent your processor from overheating.
Enjoy your deliciously creamy homemade cashew butter.
How to make cashew butter creamier?
If you want to make your homemade cashew butter extry creamy, then add a few teaspoons of coconut oil and continue to blend for 4-5 minutes.
How to make crunchy cashew butter?
To make crunchy cashew butter, add 1/3 cup of the roasted cashews to the food processor and blend until they turn into medium-sized crums consistency. Set aside and fold them into the cashew butter at the end of the process.
How to Serve Cashew Butter?
like any other nut butter, you can use raw cashew butter spread in many different ways. Here are some of my favorites:
- On toast or bagels! The choice is yours.
- As a topping on your morning porridge.
- In your Asian sauces or in your curry recipes. It will add flavor and creaminess. Seriously, it’s the best!
- In your healthy cashew butter cookies or muffins to replace the butter.
- As a topping on your pancakes.
How to Store Homemade Cashew Butter?
You can store your cashew butter in an airtight glass container and keep it in your cupboard for up to 4 weeks and if you store it in the fridge, it can last up to 2 months.
You can also store your cashew butter in the freezer and keep it up to 4 months – I never do this as I prefer to just make another batch.
Cashew Butter Variations
Throughout the years of making homemade cashew butter, I have had the chance to experiment with lots of different flavor variations. Here are my top 3:
- Coffee cashew butter
- Chocolate cashew butter
- Turmeric coconut cashew butter
If you have an allergy to nuts, make sure to check out my Nutless Dark Chocolate Spread Recipe.